Your Privacy is important to us!
This practice takes great care to ensure that our information records are accurate and are treated with full regard to the privacy of our patients. We are pleased to discuss our procedures with you, and to amend any inaccuracies in your records.
- We only collect information from our patients that is necessary for good health care and we aim to ensure that any information we record is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- The health information we hold helps us provide you with the best possible health care, and is disclosed only to those who are involved in your treatment (eg. your doctor) or those paying for your treatment (eg. your insurance company).
- Occasionally we may be involved in research on health issues. If any data from this practice is used in research, it will not include information which identifies our patients.
- This practice has systems in place to protect the security of our health records. Nobody other than our staff has access to these records – they are kept in a secure location and no unauthorised person has access to them. Our staff are not permitted to remove any information or records from the practice.
- Records of patients who no longer attend this practice are destroyed or permanently de-identified when no longer needed. • This practice is bound by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000, and operates in accordance with the code of conduct of the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
The Federal Privacy Commissioner’s Policy on Privacy in the Private Health Sector was released in October 2001 and is on the website www.privacy.gov.au together with much other information. The office can be contacted on the Privacy hotline: 1300 363 992 (local call charge).